You can use QuickTime Player to make a video recording of your screen, or just a region of your screen to save as a movie file for later viewing. This is useful for instructional videos, training and for showing others how to perform a task.
1. Open QuickTime Player (not QuickTime Player 7)
2. Select "New Screen Recording" from the File menu.
3. Click on the down arrow to be sure the built-in microphone is on. You can also decide to show or hide your mouse clicks. Then click on the red recording button.
4. You can record your entire screen or select just the portion of the screen you want to record.
5. Start Recording
6. When done recording, click the tiny stop button up in the middle your menu bar and save. You can now upload your video to your Haiku class.
You can do minor editing, deleting from the beginning and/or end of your movie only by:
6a. Opening your movie in QT
6b. Select Trim from the edit menu.
6c. Drag the yellow trim tool to select what you want to keep.
Anything outside of the yellow trim area will be deleted.
If you have any questions or would like some help with this, please email email@example.com for an appointment and tell us the next three free times you have.